Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bell & Evans Chicken - look for it!

Ok, well I once again have ventured to do some grocery shopping.  It is not easy to find produce from the USA this time of year, but I did have some success:  Green Giant Baby Carrots and Pero Family Farms Baby Sweet Peppers.  My score of the night was finding out that my favorite hummus, Sabra, is made in the US of A!!!  I did make a fatal error tonight, but too late because it is already open... Kona coffee from BJ's.  It is their Berkeley & Jensen brand.  The whole coffee label touts the good beans from the island of Hawaii, but I missed that in very small print it says that it contains beans from USA and El Salvador.  Bummer, but I will be on the lookout for coffee only from Hawaii.  The sweetest treat for the night was when we opened a Christmas present of a Whitman's Chocolate Sampler to find the insert that says "American Made inside & out".  Not only are the candies made here, but also the packaging.  Then my gluten free daughter, Kylae, asked me a question about the directions on her Gluten Free Chicken Tenders from Bell & Evans who make the fabulous chicken tenders right here in Pennsylvania!!!  We got our milk from Merrymead Farm in Lansdale, PA.  I like to buy good stuff that is as close to home as possible.  Just sent the deposit to Living Hope Farm in Harleysville, PA for our organic produce this coming summer.  As much as I like snow, I am still looking forward to those fabulous pick your own strawberries and succulent tomatoes from Farmer Jill!

1 comment:

  1. I am thoroughly enjoying your blogging adventures....does this mean that I need to check packaging for USA for when Regan is over on Friday....I'll start doing my research now:).

    ReplyDelete