Sunday, August 28, 2011

The dietitian needs to diet

Ok, I haven't blogged in while since we stopped backpacking through Joshua and it shows.  I have decided that maybe if I blog about my struggles with weight, you all will understand that you are not alone.  I have a master's degree in Nutrition and I am a Registered Dietitian.  I need to lose 8 - 10 pounds.  Yikes!  How did it creep on?  I don't have an answer.  Once I hit 40, it became harder and harder to lose / maintain my weight.  I am a relatively active mom with 4 active kids.  So, I got to thinking about my difficulties and I came up with a list. 

What do I have trouble with?
1.  I love food.  I love to cook and I love to eat and drink.  I love good food.  I love good drink.
2.  I am busy.  Who doesn't know that?  I work part-time, take care of the house, drive the kids all over, try to volunteer, and stay active with my church.  How do I eke out more time to exercise?
3.  It takes more effort to get more results.  That is frustrating and I know exactly what is happening to my body as it ages.  Sometimes, I just want to give up and not worry about fitting into my jeans.
4.  I feel guilty taking time for myself.  Holler if you know what I mean!!!  I live a "To Do" list lifestyle and even though taking care of myself is on the list, it is on the bottom on the list and doesn't always get done.

So, it really doesn't matter what I weigh now or what anyone weighs now.  What matters is that I address my troubled list and lose some weight and feel healthier and better about myself.  So, as my kids go back to school, I am going to try and make time for me to eat right, exercise, and feel better about myself.  If I feel better and happier about myself, I'll be a better me, wife, mother, sister, daughter, and friend.  Here goes....




No comments:

Post a Comment