Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Distracted by the Scenery

I cannot believe that it has been almost a week since the end of the last camp.  I have definitely been distracted.  I love this story in Joshua about Rahab.   I can relate to Rahab.  I too am a sinner and have experienced God's love and forgiveness.  Rahab hears about God's greatness and puts her faith in Him and deems Him worthy of her trust.  She trusts Him enough to let 2 strange guys into her house.  He truly is WORTHY.  God is worthy of my good behavior and example. Do I behave appropriately all the time?  No.  I feel like I fall flat quite a bit.  I feel as though my behavior is important in front of everyone and most especially my non-believing friends and family.  I want to show them God's love through my actions and show them why He is worthy of their belief.  My actions can be a piece of the puzzle of their Salvation.  I may be the beginning corner piece or part of the blue sky in the middle of the puzzle or the very last piece.  I just want to be a piece.

I know that God is worthy of my love, but I feel like as a sinner I am not worthy.  God's sent His Son to die for me.  WOW!  I love Matthew 5:16 "In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your Heavenly Father."  I liken this to the Golden Rule.  If I treat people the way I want to be treated, all will be good.  I am convinced that people should Walk Their Talk!  I like the idea of the Gospel According to Michelle.  If someone was writing down everything I did, I would probably pay better attention.

As Christians, it is up to us to be God's example.  It reminds me of the poem by Teresa of Avila I have hanging on my mirror.  I put it up there before going to Kenya.

     Christ has no body but yours,
     No hands, no feet on earth but yours,
     Yours are the eyes with which He looks compassion on this world,
     Yours are the feet with which He walks to do good,
     Yours are the hands with which He blesses all the world.
     Yours are the hands, yours are the feet, 
     Yours are the eyes, you are His body.
     Christ has no body now but yours,
     Yours are the eyes with which He looks compassion on this world.
     Christ has no body now on earth but yours.

We are saved by faith, but I believe we may save others with our works.

2 comments:

  1. Matthew 5:16! That's the key isn't it? Do what you do so that your God will be glorified!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes girlfriend, I just long to be a piece!!

    ReplyDelete